Have you fancied experiencing the adventures of Indiana Jones and dreamt about becoming an Archaeologist? Check out university courses listed below if you consider studying Archaeology, Archaeological studies at undergraduate bachelor, master degree courses level in Australia. More non Archaeology subject areas here :
- A Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology prepares graduates for employment in academia, archaeological projects and expeditions, museum work, explorer, researcher or a national heritage consultant.
- Archaeology is commonly studied in conjunction with related degrees such as Anthropology or Ancient History.
- Professional archaeologists are involved with tracing, exploration, investigating, discovery and excavation of archaeological sites, and the interpretation of artifacts discovered.
- Interested in digging for dinosaurs ?
- Explore ancient aboriginal settlements? Australia has some of the best archaeological sites to explore.
- Please be aware that job opportunities in Archaeology related fields are relatively limited, alternate career paths following graduation, include teaching ( History etc ) at secondary school on completion of a further 12 month diploma
Archaeology degrees available at these universities :
Victoria : VIC
- Classics & Archaeology at University of Melbourne at the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies
- Historical and European Studies Archaeology program at La Trobe University
New South Wales : NSW
- Department of Ancient History at Macquarie University
- Archaeology course at University of Sydney
- Archaeology & Palaeoanthropology degree at University of New England : UNE
Queensland : QLD
Western Australia : WA
- Archaeology & Cultural studies at University of Western Australia : UWA
South Australia : SA
- Archaeology at Flinders University
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
More non Archaeology subject areas here :