Law, Legal Studies, undergraduate, bachelor, LLB LLM or Master of Laws, JD (Juris Doctor) degree courses at Australian universities are listed here. But just a moment ! Before you apply to study law, find out why this US Law graduate is suing his university ! And he is not alone …
To see other non-LAW courses, click here :
Have you done a detail analysis into what Law degrees entails ? Are you sure you want to be a lawyer? Is it true Aussie universities produce so many Law grads which the Australian economy is unable to absorb ? A glut of Law graduates may translate to fewer job opportunities waiting on completion of your degree. So be mindful of this if you still wish to pursue Law.
Why some people choose to study Law
- ‘ Earning’ Potential
- Opportunity to Help Others
- Intellectual Challenge
- Work Environment
- Transferable Skills
- Diverse Practice Areas
- Which Australian universities offer bachelor degree courses in Law (LLB) ?
- What else can I do with good law degree qualifications ?
- How can one qualify to be a solicitor, barrister, magistrate or a judge?
- Australian universities offers some of the best places students can expect.
- Where can I study Law to become a solicitor ?
- Besides ATAR, which are the prerequisite subjects at Year 12 ?
- A bachelor university degree in Law, undergraduate LLB program offer Law grads a good start to Legal services industry
and employment in roles such as Paralegals, Lawyers, Senior Counsel, Legal Counsel, Solicitor, Magistrate and Barrister or a Judge.
- As a Law graduate, one may opt to specialize in these areas.
- A Barrister is a senior lawyer, they wear wigs and appear in court. Law is is relevant to every aspect of human economy from business law ( governs commerce ), civil law (governs civil and social interactions), family law, criminal law, Intellectual Property Law ( also patents, copyrights, trademarks), International Law and Environmental Law.
- Law education has also been the foundation qualification of many politicians and national leaders.
- Amongst political leaders, there are also those not limited by the lack of a Law degree : actors ( Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ronald Reagan ), teachers ( Steve Bracks), journalists (Sarah Palin), diplomats (Kevin Rudd) theologians (Christina Keneally), Chemists ( Margaret Thatcher, who also studied law), doctors ( Dr. Mahatir ), Physicists ( Angela Merkel).
- Australia has an unfortunate tradition of treating combined law degrees as a default marker of academic achievement. That is not the case in most countries.
- If you already have a bachelor degree and wish to pursue a Masters degree in Law LLM or Jurisprudence JD etc, the links below can still be used to access the faculty pages for more info. For other courses at Aussie universities, click the HOME link .
Law degree at these Australian universities :
New South Wales : NSW
- LLB degree at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology, Sydney : UTS
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) at University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Law course at University of New South Wales : UNSW
- Distance Legal Education from University of New England : UNE
- Law at University of Wollongong : UOW
- Law studies at Southern Cross University : SCU
- Law studies at Western Sydney University : WSU
- Law at Macquarie University in Sydney
Queensland : QLD
- Bachelor of Law at James Cook University : JCU
- Law courses at Bond University
- Law at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Law courses at University of Queensland : UQ
- Law at Griffith University – Brisbane
- Law degree at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
Victoria : VIC
- La Trobe Law School
- Business and Law at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Laws LLB at Deakin University
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree at University of Melbourne
- Study Law at Monash University
Western Australia : WA
- Bach of Laws : University of Western Australia : UWA – Perth
- Bachelor of Laws at Edith Cowan University : ECU – Perth
Tasmania : TAS
- Law at University of Tasmania : UTAS – Hobart
South Australia : SA
- Law at University of Adelaide
- Law at Flinders University – Adelaide
- Law School at University of South Australia : UNISA
Northern Territory : NT
- Charles Darwin University: CDU – School of Law and Business
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Study Law at Australian National University : ANU – Canberra
- Faculty of Law at University of Canberra
- School of Law at University of Notre Dame – Freemantle
More non-LAW courses here :