Visual communication studies at undergraduate bachelor, postgraduate diploma, master, PhD doctorate research degree levels at universities in Australia are listed below. More non Visual comms courses here.
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite Year 12 HSC subjects ?
- Where can I study to obtain qualifications in Visual Communications ?
- What types of jobs can I get with a degree in Visual Communications ?
- A bachelor in Visual Communication leads to a career opportunities in Graphic Design, Web design, Advertising, Electronic and Digital art
- Visual art is related to yet dissimilar to Visual Communication in that the latter focuses on transmitting specific messages to target audiences via radio, television, print publications (newspapers or magazines) or internet technology
- Digital media industry in Australia is growing rapidly as internet and web technologies advance.
- Visual communication relies on vision and is primarily presented or expressed with 2 dimensional images, it includes: signs, typography, drawing, graphic design, illustration, color and digital methods. Visual Communications tries to incorporate visual messages accompanying text with greater power to inform, educate, or provoke, persuade a mass audience.
- More communication related courses are listed here
Visual Communication is available at these universities :
New South Wales : NSW
- Communication studies at Uni of Technology, Sydney : UTS
- University of Newcastle : School of Design, Communication & Information Technology
- Media and Communications courses at Univ of Sydney
- Bachelor of Communication – Media Arts Production: University of Western Sydney : UWS
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication) at UWS
- Creative Arts at University of Wollongong : UOW, at Faculty of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Media and Communications : Univ of New England : UNE
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Practice) : CSU
- Fine Arts at University of New South Wales : COFA @ UNSW
- Bachelor of Communication Studies at Uni of New England
Victoria : VIC
- Communication and Creative Arts at Deakin University
- Design studies at Swinburne University of Technology
- Applied Communication degree at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
- Design and Media Communication courses at Monash University , Communication design
Queensland : QLD
- Bachelor of Communication (BCommun) at University of Queensland : UQ
- Queensland College of Art at Griffith University
- Bond University : Creative Media , Communication, also Film & TV , Games , Journalism
- Arts and Creative media courses at James Cook University
- Bachelor of Digital Media, Central Queensland University : CQU
- Communication Design, Creative Writing, Visual Arts at Queensland University of Technology
- Queensland University of Technology : QUT: Bachelor of Creative Industries, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts), Doctor of Creative Industries (Research)
- Bachelor of Multimedia at University of Southern Queensland
- Bachelor of Visual Arts at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
Western Australia : WA
- Media and Communications at Murdoch University
Tasmania : TAS
- Visual and Performing Arts at University of Tasmania : UTAS
South Australia : SA
- University of South Australia : UNISA
- Screen Studies, Film, Digital technologies at Flinders University
- Arts, Media and Design at Australian Catholic University : ACU
- Communications and media studies at University of Notre Dame @ Sydney
- Bach of Communications at University of Notre Dame Australia @ Freemantle
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design) University of Canberra
More non Visual comms courses here.