Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree courses at undergraduate bachelor, postgraduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree levels in universities in Australia are listed below.
- What types of jobs can I do with a bachelor of EE degree ?
- Where can I study to be an Electronic or Electrical Engineer ?
- EE degrees enables one to switch to a career in IT ( programming, software development or Network support) if you decides to do so after graduation.
- This is possible as most EE Engineers would also have be trained in commercially used programming languages (C, C#, C++, Java or Assembly), databases, network theory in their course … subjects common to Computer science degree
- Besides ATAR, what are the relevant Year 12 subjects for admission prerequisites ?
- A degree in Electrical & Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering leads grads to good employment opportunities in R & D, manufacturing, consulting and military in roles such as Electrical or Electronic Engineer. Electrical Engineering is often abbreviated as EE, E.Eng, Engr, Engg.
- If you already have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and wish to study for a Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering, the links listed below may still be used to reach the faculty pages for more info about any Master program on offer.
- Electrical engineering is an applied science of electricity. It is one of the newer branches of recent engineering, civil engineering and mechanical being the oldest. As well electronic engineering is more recent than electrical engineering and probably dates no more than 100 years old, commencing with the discovery of radio wave transmission by Guglielmo Marconi. Electrical engineering is generally deals with higher voltage, wattage and current ( amps) than electronic engineering.
- Electrical engineers often deal with electrical power generation, power transmission and electric motors, whereas electronic engineers deal with electronic circuits, instruments and semiconductors/ IC chip or miniaturized technology SMT ( Surface Mounted Technology ) devices of less than 12 volts.
- Micro controllers and embedded programming are involved with controlling electrical and electronic devises, machinery and instruments. The best example of this is in the field of Robotics and Automation. To investigate how you can use your Australian University degree in Electronic Engineering and work as an Electronic Engineer, click here.
- Telecommunications ( aka Telco ) is a specialized branch of Electrical engineering focused on electronics that enable machines to talk to machines, computers with computers and humans with humans via a wide array of methods such as Radio and Microwaves, copper cables, fibre optics, sonar, acoustic waves, satellite, telephone Mobile Phones, Radar and Radio Astronomy etc
- Solar engineering is an area where electrical engineering and electronic engineering are needed in equal measure
Typical admission requirements: Physics, Maths, English proficiency
New South Wales : NSW
- Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications at Uni of New South Wales
- Elec Computer & Telco Eng at University of Wollongong
- Elec. Engineering Telecommunications at University of Newcastle
- Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering at Macquarie Uni
- Elec. & Information Engineering program at University of Sydney
- Electrical Engineering : University of Technology, Sydney : UTS
- Bachelor of Science – Applied Physics degrees at Univ of New England
Victoria : VIC
- Elec & Electronic Engineering degrees at Victoria University
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering at Swinburne University of Technology
- Electrical and Electronic engineering degrees from Univ of Melbourne
- School of Engineering Electronics – Deakin University
- Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering @ Monash Uni
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering at La Trobe University
- Electrical Engineering courses at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
Queensland : QLD
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering at University of Southern Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at James Cook University: JCU
- Power Engineering at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Electrical and Computer engineering at Queensland University of Technology
- Electrical and Electronic degree course at Griffith University
- Electrical Engineering at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- Power Engineering at University of Southern Queensland : USQ
Western Australia :WA
- Bachelor of Engineering or a Bachelor of Technology at Edith Cowan University: ECU
- Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering at University of Western Australia
- Electrical and Computer Engineering at Curtin University of Technology
South Australia : SA
- Electronic Engineering degrees at Flinders University
- Elec Eng at University of Tasmania