Software Engineering courses are offered at undergraduate bachelor, master and Ph.D degree level as listed below.
More non -Software Engineering courses here.
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite subjects at Year 12 HSC ?
- Where can I study to be a Software Engineer ?
- A B.Sc bachelor or undergraduate university degree course in Software Engineering offers good career opportunities in a lucrative career in the growing Australian IT (Information Technology ) industry
- What is the best university or top degree for Software Engineering courses ?
- Computer programmers working in a high paying job typically have a Software Engineering or Computer Science degree or appropriate TAFE diplomas. Many have also worked their way up without any formal qualifications…Eg Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates.
- Future job prospects are bright in the area of Automation, Big Data, Data Science, AI ( Artificial Intelligence), Cloud computing, among many other traditional areas such as creating complex online websites with sophisticated functionality enable consumers to do eBanking, eCommerce, online shopping, messaging , Mobile Apps on iPhones and Android based devices.
Typical admission requirements for Software Engineering :
- Mathematics and English proficiency
New South Wales : NSW
- School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales: UNSW
- Software Engineering at University of Wollongong : UOW
- Software Engineering course at Macquarie Univ
- Software Engineering degree courses in Uni of Newcastle: School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Victoria : VIC
- Bach in Software Engineering at Monash University
- Software Engineering at University of Melbourne
- School of Computer Science and IT, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
- Computer Science and Software Engineering, Swinburne University of Technology
Western Australia : WA
- Computing at : Edith Cowan University : ECU
- Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics : University of Western Australia : UWA
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) – BEng : Curtin University of Technology
Queensland : QLD
- Study Software Engineering at Griffith University
- IT at University of the Sunshine Coast: USC
- Software Engineering degree at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
South Australia : SA
- Software Engineering courses at University of Adelaide
- Software Engineering at Flinders University
- Software Engineering course at University of South Australia : UNISA
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Software Engineering degree at Australian National University : ANU
- Information Technology & Engineering: University of Canberra
Typical Job Activities
- perform unit tests, debug , diagnose and correct bugs in code within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- analyse, research and evaluate business specs
- write and maintain program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- write, update and maintain technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- provide technical advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
More non-Software Engineering degrees here.