Courses in Botanical, Plant Science, Botany are available at undergrad bachelor, postgrad master, PhD doctorate research degree levels at Australian universities are in the list below.
- What jobs can I get after qualifying as a Botanist ?
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite Year 12 HSC subjects ?
- Botany is also known as plant science, phytology or plant biology is a specialised area of biological sciences regarding study of plant life
- Botany started with traditional medicine initiatives to identify edible, medicinal and toxic plants, making botany one of the oldest sciences.
- From ancient research in plants, botany evolved to cover the study of over 550,000 species of plant life.
- Botany covers a diverse range of science disciplines that study plants, fungi & algae including: structure, growth, reproduction, metabolic processes, development, disease and chemistry
- Where can I study Botany or Botanical Science ?
New South Wales : NSW
- Plant Science at: UNE
- Bachelor of Science (Majoring in Ecology) at University of New South Wales: UNSW
Victoria : VIC
- Plant science degree courses at University of Melbourne
Queensland : QLD
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Ecology at James Cook University: JCU
Western Australia : WA
- Botany degrees at University of Western Australia : UWA