International Relations, Politics or Political Science degree courses at undergraduate, bachelor, postgraduate master, PhD doctorate research degree levels at Australian universities are in the list below.
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite HSC subjects ?
- A Political Science and International Relations degree is often be a stepping stone into Law studies
- Which Australian universities provide programs in Political Science, Politics or International Relations
- What is the best bachelor, master university degree in Australia for Political Science courses, Politics and International Studies?
- What can I do with Political Science and International Relations degree ?
- Which program offer best employment opportunities in Government, Politics, academia, Foreign Service ( diplomatic service , ambassador etc) ?
What is Political Science / Poli Sci ?
- Political science is a social science dealing with the theory and practice of politics and analysis of political systems and behavior.
- Political scientists studies the theory, origin, development, interrelationship and function of political entities ans their dynamics. It also analyses individual and group behaviour and how it connects to society and economy.
- Be warned that job opportunities in these areas may be limited. Post graduation employment prospects are greatly affected by by what other courses or degrees you take before or after Poli Sci or International Relations degree.
- Politics deals with study of the social dynamics of power within a social group, how societies or groups organize and govern themselves, how leadership is chosen, and decision making process affecting all citizens. It includes studying feudalism, colonialism, fascism,imperialism, nationalism, communism, Marxism, socialism and democracy.
If you already have a bachelor undergraduate degree and are interested in what other Master/ Masters, post graduate or doctorate/ PHD courses are on offer, the same faculty page urls will also be useful for your course search.
Political Science at the following universities:
New South Wales : NSW
- Modern History, Politics and International Relations courses at Macquarie University
- Social and Political science degrees at University of Sydney
- Politics and International Relations at University of Newcastle
- Politics and International studies at University of New England : UNE
Queensland : QLD
- School of Politics & International Studies at University of Queensland : UQ
Victoria : VIC
- Social and Political science courses at University of Melbourne
- Politics at Swinburne University of Technology
- Politics and International Relations Program at La Trobe University
- Politics and International Relations at Monash University
Western Australia : WA
- International Relations studies at Curtin University of Technology
- Political Science, International Relations courses at University of Western Australia : UWA
- Politics and International Relations courses at University of Notre Dame
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Politics & International Relations degrees at Australian National University