Tourism, hotel management, Hospitality and event management studies prepares graduates for employment in the largest and most diverse industry in Australia. Tourism is the business of attracting tourists and attending to their needs and expectations. This involves offering tourists interesting and enjoyable experiences, services and merchandise for which they are happy to spend money. This industry includes transportation, travel brokers and food and lodging, students need to understand related business aspects such as the marketing and management of tourist facilities and destinations. These include government tourism bodies, convention centers, hotels, resorts, theme parks, visitor centers, cruises and airlines.
Tourism, Hotel management & Hospitality courses at undergrad bachelor degree, postgrad diploma, certificate level in Australian universities are listed below. They include Resort, Tourism and Event management and Culinary Arts.
- Where can I study to be to work in the Tourism and Hospitality industry?
- What does a typical Tourism or Recreation Management job involve ?
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite subjects at Year 12 HSC ?
- A Bachelor in Hotel and Tourism Management offers career opportunities in the global tourism industry. Learn fundamental business skills needed in every type of hospitality business type such as human resources, marketing and Global Cultures and Managing Service.
- Being a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia, tourism employs thousands of staff in Hotels, Resorts, Tours, Event Management, Conventions and Conferences fields
- Overseas students studying for a degree in Tourism may find this qualification useful upon returning to their home country. A degree in Tourism will prepare candidates well for employment in the Tourism industry in their respective countries.
- Whilst Tourism is a vital component in the Australian economy, it still faces stiff competition from other countries like New Zealand, Japan, USA, Europe and China. As well, employment is highly dependent on the state of world economy, global oil price, international tourist numbers decline when the global economy slows or when the Australian dollars strengthens against other currencies. However, domestic tourism actually picked up during 2008/9 financial downturn as more Aussies chose to travel within Australia, supporting the local economy and saving some money.
- Convention & Event management
- Hospitality Management
- Event Management
- International Tourism management
- Sport Tourism management
- Tourism Management
- Hotel & Resort management
- Environmental Tourism
Graduates can find employment in:
- Conferences and conventions centres
- Hotels and resorts
- Hospitality training and consultancy firms
- Performing and visual arts complexes
- Institutional hospitality management
- Private event enterprises
- State, regional and local tourism organisations
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- Other various aspects of the tourism industry
Hotel Management, Tourism & Hospitality courses offered here :
New South Wales : NSW
- William Blue College of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Tourism at Macquarie
- School of Business and Tourism at Southern Cross University
- Tourism management degree courses at UTS University Technology Sydney
- Tourism & Hospitality Managment courses at University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce – Tourism Management at University of Wollongong
- Bach of Tourism management at University of Western Sydney
- Tourism courses at University of Newcastle
Queensland : QLD
- Bachelor of Tourism Management at Bond University
- Bachelor of International Hotel & Tourism Management – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business – University Southern Queensland USQ
- Department of Tourism, Leisure, Hotel & Sport Management – Griffith University in Gold Coast
- Bachelor of Business ( Tourism, Leisure and Event Management : University of Sunshine Coast
South Australia : SA
- Toursim courses at Flinder University
- Bachelor of Tourism & Event Management : UNISA University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Tourism & Hospitality Management : University of South Australia
Australian Capital Territory: ACT
- Bachelor of Tourism Management at University of Canberra
- Master of Tourism – Monash University, Caufield
Bachelor degree ( Tourism or Sport & Recreation ) Monash
- Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management courses at Swinburne Univ
Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management) at Swinburne Uni
- Hospitality, Tourism and Marketing at Victoria Uni
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism) at Ballarat Univ
- Bachelor of Management – Tourism at Deakin University
- Tourism and Hospitality Management courses at La Trobe Univ
Western Australia: WA
- School of Marketing, Tourism and Leisure at Edith Cowan universityECU
- Hospitality and Tourism Management (BCom) at Murdoch Uni
- Tourism and Event Management /Bachelor of Commerce – Curtin University
- Bachelor of Tourism degree course at University of Tasmania
Northern Territory : NT
- Diploma and Certificate courses in Tourism at Charles Darwin University