Schools & Departments @Federation university
Federation University is based in Ballarat, VIC, providing tertiary level and vocational education. Federation University came into being, after the University of Ballarat merged with Monash University, Gippsland campus in 2013. Enrollment is approximately at 23,000 students consisting of 12,000 higher education students and 11,000 TAFE students. The list below may be in complete, instead a snapshot view of courses at undergrad Bachelor, Master, PhD, Doctorate level courses is provided.
- Western Victorian Campuses
- Mount Helen campus
- Gippsland campus
- Camp Street Campus – located in central Ballarat, this campus houses the Arts Academy. The campus consists of the Old General Post Office Building, the Old Courthouse, and several newer buildings which were completed in 2002.
- SMB Campus – located in central Ballarat and incorporates the original School of Mines Ballarat and the Old Ballarat Gaol. The campus offers training from Certificate level through to Advanced Diploma and Degree level study.
Western Victorian Campuses
- Horsham Campus – offers TAFE courses and a Higher Education course in Nursing.
Mount Helen campus
Located in Mount Helen, 15 km south of Ballarat The university’s largest campus, it has two residences, Peter Lalor Hall and Bella Guerin Hall. Its programs include the School of Education and Arts; School of Health Sciences; School of Science, Information Technology and Engineering; and the Business School.
The Gippsland Campus is located in the township of Churchill in the foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges. The campus is home to over 2,500 students and approximately 400 staff
The campus was formerly Monash University, Gippsland campus, but became part of Federation University Australia on 1 January 2014.
- Federation Business School
> Accounting and Commerce
> Business and Management
- Faculty of Education and Arts
> Community and Human Services
> Humanities and Social Sciences
> Visual Arts
> Visual Arts
- Faculty of Health
> Exercise Sciences and Physiology
> VIOSH Occupational health and safety
> Health Science
> Physical Education and Outdoor Education
> Sport Management
- Faculty of Science and Technology
> Mathematical science
> Environmental and conservation sciences
> Veterinary and wildlife science
> Biomedical science
> Food and nutritional sciences
> Mineral processing
- FedUni TAFE
> Building and construction
> IT and graphic design
> Community and children’s services
> Hairdressing and beauty therapy
> Live production (theatre)
> Manufacturing and engineering
> Professional writing and editing
> Rural sciences
- Federation College