Urban and Regional Planning is considered by some to be the most underrated degree at university. In spite of above average employment rates and attractive starting salaries, few people apply despite the median starting salary being at a respectable $50K and 81% of grads end up as full-time employees working in this field. More here .
These courses focus on spatial planning to develop, preserve and enhance built environments. You ]will study to analyze, and influence the variety of agents of change, social, economic, cultural, legal, political, ecological, and aesthetic which dwell in the built environment.
Other non-Planning subject areas here :
Urban, Town or City Planning courses at undergraduate bachelor, post graduate diploma, master, Ph.D doctorate research degree levels at universities in Australia are listed below. Imagine shaping the way whole urban areas develop. This is the job of a planner. Few other careers enable one to make such a profound impact on the environment.
- Where can I study to be a City or Town Planner ?
- What can I do with a degree in City Planning ?
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite HSC Year 12 subjects ?
- An undergraduate university degree course in Town Planning or Urban development leads to a career in Architecture, Government – City Councils, City Planner, Urban Designer, Regional Planning and professional consultancies.
- Grads work in local city planning departments, state and national agencies, private consulting firms, non profit organizations, development companies, and other public and private institutions
Urban, town or city planning integrates land usage and transport planning to enhance and optimize built and social environment of communities.
- Students investigate the issues and ideas shaping the development & conservation of the environment. They are at the front end of decisions that shape some significant issues in our lives, such as how residents deal with climate change, where and how jobs might be created, how we might regenerate places, where people might live, and how we might travel.
- Town planners assist communities make big decisions about where development may occur, but also which types of environment might be protected and its reasons.
- Regional planning is an extension of this at a bigger picture level.
Increasingly Transport, roads planning and vehicular traffic flow management have become significant issues within city planning .
- Degrees in Town or Urban Planning degree offer graduates excellent employment opportunities in CityPlanning as a Town planner. Urban and regional planner develop policies and plans for the efficient and safe use of land and surrounding resources. They also provide advice on economic, environmental, social and cultural of the area in question where built environment is seen to have an impact on local community.
- Go here to find out more about whats this subject about. Tags: Metropolis, metro
Urban & Town Planning courses are available here:
New South Wales: NSW
- Univ of Newcastle: Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- University of Western Sydney : Bachelor of Planning / Master of Urban Management and Planning
- Uni of Sydney: Urban and Regional Planning
- Planning and Urban Development at Univ of New South Wales : UNSW
Victoria : VIC
- Urban Planning at Uni of Melbourne – Doctorate & Master programs available
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning
- Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Town Planning at University of Queensland : UQ
- Bachelor of Planning at James Cook University : JCU
- Griffith University: Master of Urban and Environmental Planning
Western Australia : WA
- Town Planning at University of Western Australia : UWA
- Bachelor of Arts (Urban and Regional Planning) : Curtin University of Technology
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning at Uni of Canberra
Non-Planning subject areas here :