Robotic Engineering degree courses at undergrad bachelor, postgrad diploma master, PhD doctorate research levels at Australian universities are listed below. Over the last 20 years Australia like many other technologically sophisticated countries, have seen jobs in manufacturing move to China, Singapore, Indonesia and Taiwan due to lower labor costs. But what cost less than an underpaid factory worker in China? Perhaps automation robot s! Robots won’t ever insist on a pay rise, fall ill, or answer back. They are the perfectly compliant and docile workers. Could this see manufacturing jobs drift back to Australia and the West ? Read this.
- Inspired by robot characters like R2D2 or C3PO in Star Wars saga ? It’s just a glimpse of the impending future.
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite Year 12 HSC subjects ?
- Robotics engineering degree courses prepares grads for a work in Automation, R & D, manufacturing and the military
- Click on this link to find out more about Robotic engineering and what’s this subject about.
- Robots increasingly replace humans for routine tasks in large scale factories and assembly plants that produce cars, automotive parts, electronic parts, heavy machinery, clothes and food. Robotics is used in the assembly as well as in the testing aspects
- Robots are found more frequently in situations which is too hazardous for a human Eg. Bomb disposal, Oil Exploration, deep sea research etc. Robotics is a specialised area of Mechatronics, so it might be best to have a look at degrees in Mechatronics as well as some universities list their Robotics courses under Mechatronics.
- Robots are a step closer
- A robot appearing in a kitchen near you soon ?
Typical admission requirements for Robotics / Automation Engineering :
- Physics, Mathematics, English proficiency
Victoria : VIC
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics and Mechatronics) atSwinburne University of Technology
New South Wales : NSW