Robotic Engineering degree courses at undergrad bachelor, postgrad diploma master, Ph.D doctorate research levels at Australian universities are listed below. Over the last 20 years Australia not unlike most other technologically advanced countries, have seen jobs in manufacturing migrate to China, Singapore and Taiwan due to lower labor costs. But what cost less than an underpaid factory worker in these countries? Perhaps automation robots! Robots don’t ask for pay rises, fall sick, or argue with their boss. Perfectly compliant and docile workers. Could this see manufacturing jobs drift back to Australia and the West ? Read this. More non Robotics courses here
- Inspired by robot characters like R2D2 or C3PO in Star Wars saga ? It’s just a glimpse of the impending future.
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite Year 12 HSC subjects ?
- Robotics engineering degree courses prepares grads for a work in Automation, R & D, manufacturing and the military
- Robots increasingly replace humans for routine tasks in large scale factories and assembly plants that produce cars, automotive parts, electronic parts, heavy machinery, clothes and food. Robotics is used in the assembly as well as in the testing aspects
- Robots are found more frequently in situations which is too hazardous for a human Eg. Bomb disposal, Oil Exploration, deep sea research etc. Robotics is a specialised area of Mechatronics, so it might be best to have a look at degrees in Mechatronics as well as some universities list their Robotics courses under Mechatronics.
- Robots are a step closer
- A robot appearing in a kitchen near you soon ?
Typical admission requirements for Robotics / Automation Engineering :
- Physics, Mathematics, English proficiency
New South Wales : NSW
- Robotics research at University of Sydney
- Australian Centre for Field Robotics at University of Sydney
- Robotics research at UTS
Victoria : VIC
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics and Mechatronics) atSwinburne University of Technology
Western Australia : WA
- Robotics & Automation courses at University of Western Australia : UWA
Southern Australia : SA
- Bachelor of Eng (Robotics) degree at Flinders University
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Robotic Systems at Australian National University : ANU
- Robots are used to manipulate objects in hazardous situations, conduct tasks needing precision and speed, and substitute repetitive tasks for better efficiency.
- Robotic automation is common place in Japanese and South Korean manufacturing .
- Industrial robots first came into the picture decades ago and is gaining wider acceptance.
- Robotic applications are found in areas requiring industrial automation, intelligent security systems, car industry, space exploration, military, medical technology etc.
- As a designer, you may be designing robotic circuity or write computer code for embedded systems .
- Apart from the core robotics jobs, a professional skilled in the area of robotics can also join the area of applied embedded systems.
- Robotics is poised for huge growth in coming years.
More non Robotics courses here